Chicken Boarding Terms and Conditions
for Hen boarding at Hedgerow Henporium.
Please read these carefully. By making a booking you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Chicken Boarding Terms and Conditions
- Boarding at Hedgerow Henporium
- Home visits by Hedgerow Henporium
Boarding at Hedgerow Henporium
There is a non-refundable deposit of £30 payable in advance to secure your booking. If you have not paid a deposit your booking is not guaranteed. Our space is limited and agreed on a first come first served basis.
Deposits can be paid via our shop. (Please check that your dates are available before paying your deposit). Please choose the Boarding Deposit option. PAYM to 07828099838, by bank transfer or Cash.
Paying the balance
The balance of your payment is due in full 7 days before the start of boarding. You will receive an automatic payment reminder as a prompt.
You can deliver your chickens between the following hours by arrangement
- 9am to 5pm (we will need to know your drop off time so we can make sure we are around)
- Please allow 30 minutes for any health checks and handovers to be carried out
- Please deliver your birds in a suitable carrier. We don’t have space to store a dog cage so please make sure it is compact whilst still affording safe and comfortable travelling for your birds.
- Leave the carrier with us so that we can pack your birds up at the appropriate time for their homeward journey.
All boarding hens must be delivered in a fit and healthy condition. They will be inspected upon arrival to make sure that they are healthy.
If we have said that we are happy to accept any hens which have ongoing health issues we will honour this, but we take no responsibility for anything that may happen because of the health concern. If we think the bird needs to see a vet, we will take the bird to a vet and the cost will be passed onto you. We will not accept any responsibility for any deaths whilst in our care as it could be as a result of a latent condition which could not be foreseen.
Please note that we cannot under any circumstances accept any birds which are showing any signs of a respiratory illness.
Our Minimum Fees
We charge a minimum fee of £30 per booking.
The dates you have booked are fixed in our calendar. If you wish to extend the stay then the relevant extra days will be charged at the rate relating to your coop of choice. It will be either £8 or £10 per day.
If the birds are collected early, there will be no refund – payment for the full agreed stay is due before arrival.
What Constitutes a Day?
A day starts at dawn and finishes at dusk. Any part of a day is charged at the rate applicable.
The price includes
All feed, grit and fresh water and any fresh veg.
House and covered run for each group with fresh clean bedding
The price does not include
- Veterinary treatment
- Medication and nursing for sick birds
- Any unplanned extra days
- Any insurance
- Egg boxes if you are wanting us to save your eggs. Please bring some with you if this is required.
Insurance for boarding is not included. If you think you need insurance then please arrange this yourself.
- Give us as much notice of your arrival time as possible.
- Any birds which are not collected on time will be charged an extra day.
- Any birds which are not collected after 3 days will be re-homed.
- Collection is by appointment between 9am and 5pm.
- We can do a later collection if it is unavoidable, strictly by arrangement.
Home visits by Hedgerow Henporium
This will be taken at the time of booking. Each booking requires the days to be booked and also the mileage. These are two separate products on our shop page. All are grouped under the “Hen Boarding” category in the shop or via the “Holiday Care for Chickens” menu
Please book the days you need us to visit. Our booking system is not sophisticated enough to block book unfortunately so you will need to book each day.
Mileage is charged for each visit at 45p per mile for two journeys (there and back from CH66 4RB). Please use Google Maps to work out how many miles are from your postcode to ours. Add those miles per visit. For example if you live 10 miles away and you want us to do 3 visits, then please add 30 to the mileage product. It will calculate on 90p to account for the double journey. If you are unsure how this works please get in touch and we will help.
The Price Includes
Checking feed, water and collecting eggs for you. We will also check their health. We will need to do a pre-visit just to be taught where everything is etc.
What It Does Not Include
We cannot be there to open and close your hens up as mornings and evenings are our busiest times so we highly recommend that you automate this with something like a Chickenguard. Other door closers are Omlet or VSB or Chuxaway or Brinsea. We use VSB and Chickenguard here and we rate them highly. We also sell Chickenguards. We have a demo unit here if you want to see one in action.
If you cannot get an automatic door opener then we recommend a boarding here instead.