Fertile eggs for hatching under a broody hen or in an incubator from our range of large fowl chickens. The believed fertile eggs we have available will be from the breeds listed below. All our hatching eggs will be very freshly laid before collection. Fertility is not guaranteed but we are getting 80-90% hatchrate at the moment. This does depend on the time of year, or your incubation method because peak fertility is in spring and early summer. Please note we are NOT posting any eggs at the moment because it affects the hatching result too much. Eggs are priced at £2.50 each and you can mix and match from any types that are available.
Our chicken breeds are
- Cochin – which will come out Blue, Black or Splash NOT AVAILABLE CURRENTLY
- Swedish Flower Hens – naturally a very multicoloured rare breed and will be either crested or uncrested
- Swedish Flower X Ancona (White egg) resulting hens will lay cream, or whiteish eggs)
- Faverolles Salmon NONE AVAILABLE because our cockerel just wants to be friends with his ladies.
- Ixworth rare breed which is in need of support.
Issues with posted eggs
Success with hatching also depends on your chosen method of delivery because we cannot be responsible for the postal system. The postal system can be very rough on eggs and therefore this can result in ruptured air sacs. Poor hatches are also a symptom of posted eggs which can be as little as 20% to zero hatch rate. We pack the eggs super carefully to try to avoid any shock to the eggs inside but we are at the tender mercies of the postal service.
Collection is consequently the safest option and the best hatch rate.
Please note COLLECTION IS THE ONLY METHOD AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT