Holiday boarding for hens at Hedgerow Henporium
This is our booking facility that you can reserve your chicken boarding if you need us to care for your chickens while you are on holiday.
We have a choice between:
- a 4 bird coop – which costs £8 per day
- or a 6 bird coop for your hens. The 6 bird coop is £10 per day.
- Both our chicken boarding coops have attached runs which are well separated from all other birds.
- Biosecurity is strictly controlled, both between guest pens and also our resident chickens.
- All the coops and runs are completely disinfected with a DEFRA approved disinfectant before our “guests” arrive.
- Feed and water is provided each day and also fresh clean bedding.
- All coops are treated to be red mite free.
- Your chickens will have access to their own dustbathing area.
How To Arrange Your Holiday Boarding for Hens
Choose your coop type and then click the dates from and to. Then choose “book now” in the green box
We also offer additional “spa” treatments while they are here if you wish to add those to the cart separately. We have called these Boarding Extras and are charged per “guest” You will need to tick the options you would like followed by the number of hens per treatment
- Worming with Flubenvet which is a 7 day treatment for £4 per hen
- Worm testing for your hens rather than worming is £15 per coop
- Wing clipping at £1 per hen
- Lice treatment at £2 per hen
We have a minimum fee of £30 per booking which is covered by the deposit. Any additional items need to paid for at the same time as the deposit.
If you want us to keep your eggs for you then please supply us with some egg boxes marked with your name.
We have a bit more information on the benefits of boarding on our page Holiday Care for Chickens