Our Chicken Keeping Courses Details
As we have gained a great deal of knowledge over the years, we know how time consuming and difficult it is to get to grips with all the conflicting – and frankly confusing – information out on “tinterweb” regarding how to look after chickens in your garden. There is literally stacks of information to learn about chickens. Our chicken keeping courses are designed to help you cut through all the misinformation on the internet, therefore, you will be up and running with your hens as fast, and efficiently as possible. You don’t have to trawl the internet, because the easiest and quickest way to learn how to keep chickens is to get trained by experts – us.
You may ask…….
- How difficult can it be? Avoid the pitfalls that can make your chickens sick.
- How much does it cost to keep chickens?
- Is there a restriction on keeping hens in the garden?
- Will it take up too much of my time?
- Which is the best time-saving equipment?
- How do I know when my birds are happy or ill?
- How to source healthy chickens and how to avoid scammers.
- Differences between egg chickens and meat chickens
- The correct way to hold a chicken – you will get very hands-on!!
- Can I sell my eggs?
- How to avoid predators and keep your chickens safe.
- Will I need to keep a cockerel? How to spot one a mile off.
- Lots of other tips and tricks to help you save time and money.
We answer all these questions and hundreds more on our friendly and informative Chicken Keeping Courses. The course will actually save you money, rather than you picking equipment that will be totally useless to you. We have made all the silly and expensive mistakes, so you won’t have to!
Our courses last over 3 hours (yes really!) and include delicious home-made refreshments such as freshly brewed tea and coffee and some of Julie’s yummy cakes. We keep the numbers small so you get all our attention. Our aim is for you to become as enthusiastic as we are about these wonderfully entertaining creatures.
How often do we run our courses?
We run our regular chicken keeping courses throughout the year, however, if you cannot attend one of our scheduled dates, we will run a special course for two of you. Let us know if you have a specific date in mind and we can probably fit you in.
Please ask us for details via our contact page.
How much does it cost?
It costs £40 for one person but if you book more than one we offer a reduction to £35 per person.
How to book
Book here for our latest courses. Change your options and proceed. Your shopping bag icon is on the top right of the screen.
If you need to ask further questions before booking please ask us via our Contact Form here
Please note that our courses cover a lot of stuff and are not suitable for children. We find that children tend to get too fidgety and upset the other participants. We give our attendees plenty of “training”, so that you can confidently pass on your newly gained knowledge to youngsters when you return home.