Hatching Egg Availability
Hatching Eggs from our flock of lovely chickens are available as shown below:
Fertile eggs for hatching are available throughout the year, however some breeds are on shorter supply than others. If you are looking for a particular breed please get in touch via our contact page
Our eggs are no more than a few days old at most and are available for collection directly from us. Collection in person is much the best way to get your eggs for hatching.
Alternatively we can post them. It should be noted that Mr or Mrs Postperson may not be very gentle with your hatching eggs despite our very careful packaging. Fertile eggs can suffer broken or ruptured air sacs, or displaced yolks if they are vigorously shaken. This can drastically affect your hatchrate. If the postal service has mistreated the parcel then you will get at best a poor hatchrate or even no hatch rate at all. This is entirely beyond our control unfortunately.
We hatch throughout the year from our own eggs so know that the fertility is good.
Choice or reliability of your incubator and incubation method is also a major factor in a successful hatch. Again, this is totally beyond our control and is no reflection on our egg viability.
Eggs will be posted on Monday through to Wednesday each week only. This avoids them sitting in sorting offices over a weekend. We sell them for £1.75 each. Postage and packing is extra and will depend on the weight and size of the parcel.
Hatching Eggs breeds
- Araucana eggs: Lavender, blue, black and white. Mixed colour lots. Lucky dip
- Cochin eggs: Cochin boy with Cochin and Orpington females. Blue, Black, Blue Splash and Lavender. Chicks will either be pure Cochin or a Cochin/Orpington cross
- Faverolles eggs: Salmon and Blue Salmon or mottled. Colour will be one or the other. Short supply
- Swedish Flower Hens eggs: Mixed colour hens as they are meant to be.
- Swedish Flower crosses: These are a Swedish boy with a mixed flock which includes Welsummer, Leghorn, Legbar and Ancona.
- Brahma: Mixed colours, buff columbian and blue buff columbian, also gold partridge. Lucky dip on colour.
- Sussex: Boy is a Coronation Sussex running with coronation and light sussex hens. Chicks will be either light or coronation coloured.
Our hens are classed as large fowl light and large fowl heavy. The Brahma, Orpington, Cochins and Faverolles are all heavy breeds.
We can also have fully automatic incubators and brooders to hire help you hatch and raise the baby chicks safely and successfully