Hatching Egg Availability
Please note that our hens are having a moult and a well earned rest from October to February so no hatching eggs will be available until Spring 2022
Hatching Eggs from our flock of lovely chickens are available as shown below:
Fertile eggs for hatching are available throughout the year, however some breeds are on shorter supply than others. If you are looking for a particular breed please get in touch via our contact page
Our eggs are no more than a few days old at most and are available for collection directly from us. Collection in person is much the best way to get your eggs for hatching.
Alternatively we can post them. It should be noted that Mr or Mrs Postperson may not be very gentle with your hatching eggs despite our very careful packaging. Fertile eggs can suffer broken or ruptured air sacs, or displaced yolks if they are vigorously shaken. This can drastically affect your hatchrate. If the postal service has mistreated the parcel then you will get at best a poor hatchrate or even no hatch rate at all. This is entirely beyond our control unfortunately.
We hatch throughout the year from our own eggs so know that the fertility is good.
Choice or reliability of your incubator and incubation method is also a major factor in a successful hatch. Again, this is totally beyond our control and is no reflection on our egg viability.
Eggs will be posted on Monday through to Wednesday each week only. This avoids them sitting in sorting offices over a weekend. We sell them for £2.00 each. Postage and packing is extra and will depend on the weight and size of the parcel.
Hatching egg returns policy
Please note that our eggs are supplied as believed fertile because we hatch regularly throughout the year. However please view our returns policy before purchasing because we can offer no guarantees on the success or failure of the eggs. This is especially true for posted eggs. To rule out any spurious claims we need to verify the eggs as ours and their opening up during a Zoom call. We ask that you DO NOT crack open any suspect eggs if you are wanting to raise a dispute before the Zoom session. This is regrettably because we have been scammed in the past by some dishonest people.
Hatching Eggs breeds
- Swedish crosses: Swedish boy running with, Ancona and Araucana hens. Eggs will be either blue or pale cream
- Cochin eggs: Cochin boy with Cochin females in Blue, Black, and Blue Splash. Chicks will either be blue or blue splash
- Ixworth eggs: Very rare breed of dual purpose chicken.
- Faverolles eggs: Salmon and Blue Salmon or mottled. Colour will be one or the other. Short supply
- Swedish Flower Hens eggs: Mixed colour hens as they are meant to be. The flock is crested and uncrested so the chicks will be either.
- Sussex: Boy is a Coronation Sussex running with coronation and light sussex hens. Chicks will be either light or coronation coloured.
Our hens are classed as large fowl light and large fowl heavy. The Cochins and Faverolles are all heavy breeds.
We can also have fully automatic incubators and brooders to hire help you hatch and raise the baby chicks safely and successfully