Latest Stock for sale
This post is here to show you at a glance what we have going on and what is the latest chicken availability for sale.
Breeds available as at 9th October 2020
We have been having a busy year as it seems COVID 19 has encouraged people to begin to keep chickens in the garden. In order to try to satisfy the demand we have been hatching as fast as nature will allow whilst still being mindful that we need to give them the best care possible.
We normally stop hatching round about August but we have set a few low number hatches just to keep some in stock. Our egg numbers are growing less as the hens are starting their annual moult so this further reduces our ability to even have fertile eggs available. The hens will stop laying for the duration of their moult which can last for up to 8 weeks.
The short days will affect their hormone levels and often laying won’t start again till the days start to get longer. Some breeders keep the lights on to fool the hormone system into a continued laying pattern but we allow our garden girls to roll with nature and have a well earned rest, so please bear with us.
We are still running a waiting list if you want to be told when we have hens available. Please register on our contact form to go on the waiting list to be notified as soon as the available to be released for sale. See stock list below
Breeds Available On Our Stock List
- White Leghorn cockerels x 1
- Other Cockerels – Brahma, Salmon and Blue Faverolles, Light and Coronation Sussex
- Coronation Sussex – PAIR only (1 male and 1 female) 16 weeks old
- Young chicks hatched 23rd September 2020, 2nd October 2020 sold unsexed (care info must read)
- Cochin – Being sold as a TRIO of blue only (1 male and 2 female)
- Brahma – Boys only left. Buff Columbian, Lemon Pyle, Blue buff Columbian, Splash, Blue,
- Brahma – PAIRS Buff and Blue Buff Columbian 12 weeks old (1 male and 1 female)
- Faverolles – TRIO only available in Salmon and Blue Salmon
- Black Rock ® – Arriving Monday 12th October 2020
- Brown Rock ® – Arriving Monday 12th October 2020
- Cream Legbar – available in spring 2021
- Hedgerow Homemades – 11 weeks old
- Swedish Flower hens – cockerels available 9 and 15 weeks old
- Hatching eggs – not available till 2021
Join our mailing list to be informed of our latest chicken availability. How it works
Exciting development. We have been unable to run our face to face chicken keeping courses due to the restrictions of COVID 19 so we have been busy setting up an online version. It has been a tough steep learning curve with the technicalities on the IT side of things but we have gone live with it as of 1st December 2020. See our Chicken Keeping Courses Page for details.
We are hoping that people will find the easy-to-follow bite size chunks an enjoyable experience. It is crammed with masses of information you should know about keeping chickens. It will take you on a deep dive into the fascinating world of this wonderful creature. We guarantee that you will learn things that will make you think about chickens in a totally new light.
It will help you make good equipment choices, avoid illnesses, and be able to spot them before they get out of hand.
Getting the right coop for example will make the cleaning out of your chickens a 10 minute job rather than a real thankless task. We help you get it right, first time. This will save you money and time and who doesn’t need some of that? Chickens are enjoyable but making poor choices takes the shine off it very quickly.
We cover things like the law, regulations, and welfare. Feeding and watering and ways to make it more efficient. Pest and predator control are covered, as is security and behaviour. We have quizzes as you go along to test your accumulating knowledge. Each lesson is easy to pick up and leave off where you like with no time pressure.