Latest Stock For Sale
and Breaking News
Latest stock page so you can see at a glance what we have going on and what is the latest chicken availability for sale.
Latest Chicken availability as at 4th September 2021
We had a busy year in 2020 as it seems COVID 19 has encouraged people to begin to keep chickens in the garden. 2021 is beginning to show a similar pattern so we are hatching as fast as nature will allow whilst still being mindful that we need to give them the best care possible.
New Breeds Available
We will be offering some new breeds this year such as Ixworth and Marsh Daisies. We have obtained some rather lovely Ixworth chickens as our breeding stock. Once the Ixworth chickens start to produce eggs in sufficient numbers for us to incubate, we can offer those for sale in due course. Ixworth are a rare and splendid dual purpose bird which are pure white. Marsh Daisies are a chicken breed which originated in Lancashire. Marsh Daisy chickens will be offered for sale at intervals through the year albeit in small numbers.
Hatching Eggs – see latest stock
We are now offering hatching eggs for collection only just at the moment. Ring us on 01244~646 ~ 026 to book collection or we have some on our shop page
Waiting List – Not currently needed as we have plenty of stock.
Our waiting list is still active because demand remains high. Join our list if you want to be told when our latest stock is ready. You can register on our contact form to go on the waiting list if you would like to keep informed. How our waiting list works. You can sign up to our occasional newsletter service if you wish as an alternative.
Latest stock Available Listed below
- Other Cockerels – Blue Splash Cochin, Swedish Flower, Cream Legbar, Coronation Sussex, Brahma, Ixworth. All £15 each
- Young chicks hatching soon sold unsexed
- Cochin – Dayolds unsexed from £7.50
- Brahma X Cochin – which are unsexed from £7.50
- Faverolles – available in November 2021
- Bluetails/Blacktails – In-house Rhode Island Red crossed with Sussex which hatched late July 2021. We have have 5 of these at 8-9 weeks old
- Black Rock ® – We have LOTS of these in most age groups. (care info MUST be read). Some Black Rocks are POL whereas some are 4 and 9 weeks old
- Brown Rock ® – We have LOTS of these at 5 weeks old. From £12 each
- Cream Legbar – We have females in these as hatched 25th May 2020
- Hedgerow Homemades – White and Black Araucana X Swedish flower 1 left currently
- Swedish Flower hens – POL and slightly younger up to £30 each
- Marsh Daisies – POL at £30 each 1 left of these
- Hatching eggs – now available in Araucana crosses (with Swedish Flower), Sussex and Faverolles
- Coronation Sussex, Cochin, Brahma, Marsh Daisy, Faverolles, Ixworth and Swedish Flower Hens are £30 each at POL. Price is by age.
- Black Rock, Brown Rock, Bluetails, Cream Legbar are £25 each at POL. Price is by age
Exciting development. Our chicken keeping courses are now ONLINE. See our Chicken Keeping Courses Page for details so you can START ONE TODAY.
Easy to follow
We are hoping that people will find the easy-to-follow bite size chunks an enjoyable experience. It is crammed with masses of information you should know about keeping chickens. It will take you on a deep dive into the fascinating world of this wonderful creature. We guarantee that you will therefore learn things that will make you think about chickens in a totally new light.
Getting it right
It will help you to make good equipment choices, and get your husbandry right. Spotting illness quickly is a biggie because unless you are able to spot sickness, it can rapidly get way out of hand. A slow or wrong diagnosis can then be catastrophic for the chicken.
Easing the burden
Getting the right coop for example will make the cleaning out of your chickens a 10 minute job rather than a real thankless task. We help you get it right, first time. This saves you money and time and who doesn’t need some of that?
Chickens are enjoyable however making poor choices can take the shine off it very quickly.
We are now able to offer Chickenguards for your coops
Having chickens is great but getting up early in the morning however to let them out especially in Summer is not so great.
Fitting a chickenguard on your coop means you can have that lie in or even just get up at normal time rather than chicken time.
Chickenguards will allow you to go out of an evening and not have to get back at dusk to shut your chooks away. Chickenguard will do it all for you. Your chickens will not demand that you become party poopers.
Battery powered with 4 AA batteries which last from 6 to 12 months.
Visit our shop page for more info
We are now stocking Henlays Roost chicken coops.
Perfectly designed coops that are manufactured from 12mm thick recycled plastic sheets.
Built with both chicken welfare and human welfare in mind because humans matter too. They look and feel solid.
No more back breaking stooping or crouching to clean out. Contortionism is also not required. Just open the roofline, lift the well spaced perches out and hey presto, the entire coop area is at the mercy of your shovel and scraper.
Red mite will be spotted in double quick time so therefore you can treat if necessary as they have no where to hide.